State & Locals
North American Young Lumber Employees
For information about joining NYLE please click here.
What is NYLE?
Northeastern Young Lumber Execs (NYLE) was founded in 1987 and is sponsored by the Northeastern Retail Lumber Association (NRLA). It is comprised of enthusiastic and dedicated young professionals, committed to promoting the continued success of our industry and developing their own potential. Members of NYLE include yard and sales personnel to managers and owners who have or whom are seeking to make a career within the lumber and building material industry. Members are chosen by their employers based upon their potential for growth. The two requirements for membership are (1) the potential member must be 40 years of age or younger, and (2) their company (either retail or associate) must be a member, in good standing, of the NRLA.
In an effort to promote awareness and the broad range of member eligibility, in 2021 NYLE re-branded and changed their name to the North American Young Lumber Employees.
- To promote the goals and objectives of the Northeastern Retail Lumber Association and the lumber and building material industry of which we represent.
- To educate, instruct, inform, and assist membership through techniques, concepts, products, skills, and general philosophies of the lumber and building material industry.
- To provide a forum for the discussion of ideas pertaining to the lumber and building material industry, and to have an avenue for the presentation of such ideas to the NRLA.
- To develop the abilities and potential of members for additional responsibilities and advancement within firms, as well as the lumber and building material industry.
NYLE 2023 Officers
- Educational conferences jam-packed with professional guest speakers associated with the three facets of our industry: retail, manufacturing, and wholesale operations
- Panel and roundtable discussions, which allow members to brainstorm on common challenges and opportunities pertinent to the industry today.
- Local tours of associate/retail members’ stores, yards, and/or plants.
- A complimentary one-year subscription to The Lumber Co-operator magazine, our industry’s premier publication.
- The monthly electronic newsletter, NRLA Wired, which will keep you abreast of the latest industry issues and trends.
- Discounted rates on all NYLE and NRLA programs including, the Annual Spring Conference and Fall Timber Tour.