DMSi, a leader in software for the building materials industry, announces the North American launch of Frameworks, an LBM point of sale/ERP system that runs completely on the web.
Frameworks is an end-to-end system, handling retail POS, contractor sales, purchasing, inventory control, accounting, and reporting. Users access the program through a web browser such as Chrome or Microsoft Edge; no additional software is required. A mobile-friendly design means Frameworks can be used from a smartphone or tablet as easily as from a desktop computer. Open APIs and EDI capabilities give dealers the flexibility to integrate Frameworks with their preferred vendors and third-party applications.
Frameworks is specifically designed for the products, processes, and needs of LBM businesses:
- The point-of-sale screen is easy to learn, making it ideal for seasonal or part-time staff.
- The project management dashboard lets service reps manage multi-job builds from one place, centralizing orders, tasks, pick tickets, deliveries, and invoices.
- The eCommerce/service portal lets customers review products, pricing and account records.
- Pricing controls simplify challenges around rebates, special buys, and contract pricing.
- Item records can use a single SKU to account for multiple suppliers and unit of measurement for a product, simplifying inventory control.
- The dispatch module lets Ops teams use drag-and-drop to build and schedule routes.
Frameworks is the latest addition to DMSi’s portfolio of industry-specific solutions. Originally developed by Sterland Computing, Frameworks is the dominant LBM software in Australia and New Zealand. After acquiring Sterland in 2019, DMSi spent three years adapting Frameworks for the US market, including updating units of measurement, tax rules, and terminology.
“DMSi’s strategy is being the best software partner for building materials businesses. We are focused on industry-specific solutions for the entire building materials supply chain, from distribution through retail,” said Josh Weiss, President of DMSi. “Frameworks is a powerful, proven solution that helps LBM dealers thrive and scale their businesses. We are excited to bring this offering to North America.”
To learn more about Frameworks, visit www.dmsi.com/frameworks-erp.
DMSi Software is a leading provider of inventory and order management solutions to the building materials industry. Founded in 1976, DMSi has grown to over 200 employees serving over 500 businesses and 20,000 users. Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, DMSi remains independently owned and privately held, dedicated exclusively to the success of its customers. Learn more at dmsi.com.