State & Locals
To award $1,000 merit scholarships for post-secondary education to the families of dedicated employees of NJBMDA members and participating associate members.
- Must be an employee, or family member (child, step-child, grandchild, adopted child or spouse) of an employee, who works for a company that is a retail member or associate member in good standing of NJBMDA. Associate members must be headquartered in NJ.
- Must have maintained a minimum of 2.5 equivalent GPA in high school or college in the past year.
- Must be enrolling in or currently attending a post-secondary college or technical school as a full-time student.
- The NJBMDA Scholarship Committee will review all applications.
- The top applicants may be subject to a personal interview with the committee (either in person or by telephone).
- The NJBMDA Scholarship Committee will select final awardees.
- Final selection and winner is notified.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Prepare an essay of two typed pages (maximum) or neatly hand-written pages that specifically indicate your professional and scholastic ambitions. Include your academic and professional accomplishments and awards, financial need, and any other information you feel would assist the scholarship committee in evaluating your application.
- Enclose a copy of your scholastic record (transcript).
- Enclose one letter of recommendation from a personal or professional associate or teacher.
Congratulations to the following 2021 Scholarship Recipients:
Thomas Ankiewicz, Sponsored by Builders General Supply Co.
Alexandra Ankiewicz, Sponsored by Builders General Supply Co.
Kevin Bitterle, Sponsored by Woodhaven Lumber & Millwork
Andrew Brooks, Sponsored by Advantage Building Supply
Elena Celeste, Sponsored by Huston Lumber
Elizabeth DeCesare, Sponsored by Jaeger Lumber
Anna Maria DeCicco, Sponsored by Jaeger Lumber
Jennifer Eannucci, Sponsored by US Lumber
Joseph Gasper, Sponsored by Jaeger Lumber
Annamarie Helmacy, Sponsored by BWI Distribution by Masonite
Alexandra Jacob, Sponsored by Builders General Supply Co.
Kailey McGregor, Sponsored by Woodhaven Lumber & Millwork
Caitlynn McTernan, Sponsored by Jaeger Lumber
Ann Stuart, Sponsored by Builders General Supply Co.
Eric Zank, Sponsored by Builders General Supply Co.